Hi, I'm Evann. I'm an NHS Midwife and Hypnobirthing Instructor in central Glasgow.
In my work as a midwife, I work with a hugely diverse population of women. My aim is to support an empowering, positive birth for every woman - no matter how you choose to birth your baby.
As a hypnobirthing instructor with The Little Birth Company, my goal is to educate women about their rights and options in the maternity care system. I aim to give women the tools and confidence to make fully informed decisions for themselves and their baby during pregnancy and birth.
If you're interested and live in the Glasgow area, please email for availability. I look forward to hearing from you.
This 3 hour workshop is taught from the comfort of your own home. You will receive complete course materials including the Little Birth Company Hypnobirthing Manual and pre-recorded relaxation MP3s. The course will be taught on a one-to-one basis (birthing partners welcome!) and support will ongoing throughout your pregnancy and beyond. Cost £95.
What you will learn:
· The basic physiology of birth
· The positive belief that giving birth can be the most wonderful experience a woman and her birth partner will experience
· To look optimistically forward to a safe, calm, comfortable and stress-free birth
· How to release any fears that may in be associated with childbirth, and thus avoid the ‘Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome’
· How to relax deeply and quickly using breathing techniques and visualisations
· How to stay calm, relaxed and in control throughout your labour
· How to promote the production of your birthing hormones
· How to trust your body to work naturally and in harmony with your baby
· How to prepare a birth plan so that you can be informed and in control of birth
· The knowledge and power to navigate birth should you require intervention or assistance
· Positions to help you birth your baby more easily and comfortably
· Breathing techniques that work with your body to maximise your body’s own natural expulsive reflex